A guide to what you should expect and what care or precautions you should take after teeth whitening or bleaching is done for you:
What You Should Expect
- It is common to experience mild sensitivity to hot and cold for approximately 3 days following teeth whitening procedure. If sensitivity to hot and cold persists for more than 3 days, please contact us.
- Pre-existing fillings and crown are unaffected by teeth whitening procedure, so you may be able to notice a color difference in your natural teeth and pre-existing fillings and crown which was previously not evident. In such cases if the fillings or crowns are present in aesthetic zone, a replacement of the same may be needed for better aesthetics.
- Irritation to soft tissue is very rare but incase if you have it than discontinue use of Home Bleaching Agent immediately and rinse you mouth thoroughly with water until no bleaching is left in your mouth and contact us immediately.
- If teeth whitening was done using At Office Bleach (bleaching at our dental center by doctors) and you have soft tissue irritation than rinse you mouth thoroughly with water until no bleaching is left in your mouth and contact us immediately.
- If teeth whitening was done using At Office Bleach (bleaching at our dental center by doctors) and you have ulcers mouth or rashes in mouth or body, please contact us immediately to seek further help.
- Long term results vary from patient to patient, depending on original shade of teeth before teeth whitening procedure and your food and oral hygiene habits.
What Care Or Precautions You Should Take
- Avoid hot and cold food like very hot tea or coffee and ice cream at least for 3 days.
- Continue brushing and flossing twice daily from the same day the procedure was performed. Good oral hygiene is a key to success of treatment.
- Teeth are more susceptible to staining for first 48 hours following teeth whitening, so avoid stain causing food and drinks like different sauces, tea, coffee, cola, tobacco products and smoking and any food or drinks containing artificial color.
- Rinse your mouth thoroughly with water after every meal.
- If you have been given Home Bleaching Agent with special tray for teeth whitening than care should be taken to not to swallow the bleaching agent while using it.
- If you have been prescribed any medicated toothpaste to enhance the results or mouthwash, use it regularly according to prescription and do not alter the schedule or duration of consulting your dentist.
- If you have been prescribed a desensitizing agent than the correct way of using it is – Apply the desensitizing on your teeth with the help of a finger in such a way that it covers the entire surface of all teeth and leave it like that for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes rinse you mouth with water thoroughly and do not eat anything for 30 minutes.
- For more long lasting results avoid smoking, tobacco, tea, coffee, cola, or any food or drink with artificial color in it and brush and floss twice daily and rinse your mouth with water after every meal.
Perfect Dental® is the best dental clinic in Jamnagar and our team of specialist doctors is highly skilled and experienced best dentists in Jamnagar. We have a highest success rate of 97%.