We Use Best Technology Available For Dental Crowns Or Caps At Perfect Dental® In Jamnagar
We are working with No.1 Company in India for making dental crowns and bridges. At Perfect Dental® we make sure that all our dental crowns and bridges have superior fit with maximum comfort and strength.
Dental Crown or Cap is a fixed dental prosthesis used to restore a damaged tooth or cover an implant. It resembles the lost, damaged or missing tooth and helps in restoring its shape, size and function.
A dental crown may be required to protect a weak tooth from breakage, to restore an already broken tooth, to cover and support a tooth with a large filling, to cover misshaped or severely discolored teeth, to cover severely attired tooth, to cover a dental implant or to make a cosmetic modification.
Different Types Of Dental Crown Or Caps That We Frequently Use In Our Practice:
Stainless Steel Crowns
These crowns are the most widely used crown in India for restoring molar teeth, as they are very cost effective and long lasting. Stainless steel crowns are ideal choice for restoring molars as they can resist biting and chewing forces, and don’t break or chip off easily. Since they aren’t tooth colored crowns, they cannot be used to restore front teeth.
Noble Metal Crowns
These are generally made from alloys that are noble or base-metal alloys. Metal crowns are ideal choice for restoring molars as they can resist biting and chewing forces, and don’t break or chip off easily. Since they aren’t tooth colored crowns, they cannot be used to restore front teeth. In our practice we consider these crowns as out-dated as they are expensive and does not possess any special advantage compared to other available options like ceramic and zirconia crowns.
Porcelain Fused To Metal Or Ceramic Crowns
PFM crowns provide best of both the worlds. They have strength of metal and aesthetics of porcelain. After all ceramic, PFM crowns are the second best in terms of providing natural tooth like color and appearance. However, porcelain part of the crown does tend to chip off if subjected to heavy masticatory forces. Sometimes the metal lying underneath such crowns can be seen as dark line especially near the gum margin. So in our practice we use these crowns for back teeth restoration or when patient cannot afford zirconia crown. We have one of the world’s best brand Tilite for porcelain fused to metal or ceramic crowns and bridges.
Emax crowns are strong as well has natural tooth like appearance due to light transmitting quality. They are the latest cosmetic porcelain. Emax crowns are highly aesthetic with excellent strength and are therefore used for front as well as back teeth restorations.
Empress Crowns provide utmost aesthetics due to its close resemblance to natural teeth. However these cannot be used to restore back teeth which are subjected to high occlusal forces due to less strength of material.
These crowns are believed to be the most beautiful porcelain crowns. However these are technique sensitive and are used only by skilled dentists and laboratory technicians.
Procera is an all-ceramic restoration that has successfully taken metal out of the mix in the production of dental crowns. They are made with an aluminium oxide as base coping that is custom milled with CAD technology and a superficial stacked translucent porcelain layer that is used to make the restoration attractive and lifelike. They are biocompatible and its tissue friendly material encourages gums to grow back around the tooth. It can be used for front as well as back teeth restorations of crown and bridges.
Zirconium crown is a CAD CAM milled all-ceramic crown that are mainly used for front and back teeth crown and bridges and as implant abutments. It has zirconia as substructure and porcelain stacked on it for optimum aesthetics. There are many brands of this product and some have higher clinical success rates. Some of these are 3M Lava, Cerec, Bruxzir, etc.
Perfect Dental® has highly talented cosmetic dentist in Jamnagar, who render beautiful smiles by fabricating life like crowns. Based on your individual requirement, our team of specialist dental professionals help you to select the right type and material of crown for you, so that you get the amazing radiant smile.
Frequently Asked Questions About Dental Crowns Or Caps And Their Answers
Following is a guide to what you should expect and what care or precautions you should take after tooth preparation is done for a dental crown and also after you receive a dental crown on a prepared tooth:
What You Should Expect
- It is common to feel mild sensitivity to hot and cold in a prepared tooth that is going to receive a dental crown. If sensitivity to hot and cold is severe, please contact us.
- Following tooth preparation for a crown, usually a temporary acrylic crown is placed on prepared tooth which protects the tooth from damage and also maintains the space while final restoration (Crown) is prepared.
- Temporary acrylic crowns are cemented with temporary cement so that we can easily remove it when final restoration (crown) is prepared and we are ready for its cementation.
- As this temporary crowns are cemented using temporary cement there are chances that it may come off, in such a case please slip the crown back to its place and contact us immediately to get an appointment.
- If the crown is loose on tooth and you are unable to visit us on the same day due to any reason then remove the crown and keep it with you until you visit us. Loose crown may be swallowed accidentally so please don’t slip it back on your own.
- In some cases you might feel mild pain after receiving a crown, especially while chewing. The pain should go away in 1-3 days. If pain persists for more than 3 days, please contact us to determine cause of pain.
- If you have severe pain after receiving crown, please contact us immediately.
- Avoid eating anything very sticky like chewing gum; these may pull out the crown.
- If the procedure was done under local anesthesia, you may feel numbness for 3-4 hours in certain parts of your mouth and face. If numbness persists for more than 12 hours, please contact us.
- Regular dental checkups are essential to determine the integrity of crown and also for maintenance of general oral health.
What Care Or Precautions You Should Take After Tooth Preparation
- Avoid hot and cold food for a few days until you receive a crown on the prepared tooth.
- It is common to have some discomfort in the gums around the prepared tooth after the anesthesia wears off. If it continues for more than 1 day, please contact us.
- If you have received a temporary crown, do not eat or drink anything for 1 hour and do not rinse you mouth with water, mouthwash or any other liquid for 1 hour.
- Avoid eating anything too hard from that side until you receive a final crown on prepared tooth.
- In case if you are not given a temporary crown on prepared tooth then avoid eating anything from that side until you receive a crown or a bridge on it.
- Resume regular brushing and flossing after 1 hour of temporary crown cementation.
- If anesthesia was given in lower jaw than please avoid eating anything until the anesthesia wears off and the numbness is gone.
What Care Or Precautions You Should Take After You Receive A Crown On Prepared Tooth
- Do not eat or drink anything for 1 hour.
- Do not rinse you mouth with water, mouthwash or any other liquid for 1 hour.
- Resume regular brushing and flossing after 1 hour of crown cementation.
- If you have received a crown on your front tooth/teeth, avoid biting with front tooth/teeth. Example: Avoid taking bite from apple with you front teeth. Apple should be cut into pieces and eaten with back teeth.
- You may feel that your bite is uneven and there is something on biting surface of your teeth while chewing. If this feeling does not go away within 1 day please contact us immediately as you might have high points which may require little adjustment to give you maximum comfort while chewing.
- After the cementation of final crown, it is very essential to do gum massage for at least 15 days.
- If you have been prescribed any medication, take it regularly according to prescription and do not alter the schedule or duration of medication without consulting your dentist.
Perfect Dental® is the best dental clinic in Jamnagar and our team of specialist doctors is highly skilled and experienced best dentists in Jamnagar. We have a highest success rate of 97%.