Ultimate Fit Durable Dentures At Perfect Dental® In Jamnagar
It’s important that you feel comfortable with your dentures; they shouldn’t hold you back in any aspect of your lifestyle
We make naturally looking, durable dentures that give ultimate fit and comfort to our patients
A denture is a removable replacement for missing teeth and surrounding tissues. Denture enables you to speak and eat more comfortably. They prevent facial muscles from sagging and impart an overall younger look to you.
Following Are The Types Of Dentures:
At Perfect Dental®, all our high quality dentures are made by India’s best laboratory in Mumbai, these can either be Biofunctional Prosthetic System (BPS) Dentures, UltimateFit Dentures, Premium Dentures (Lucitone Dentures) or Economy Dentures (Regular Acrylic Dentures).
Biofunctional Prosthetic System (BPS) Dentures
These dentures ensure that the aesthetic demands of the patient are fulfilled with its set of Ivoclar Vivadent set of teeth which resemble the natural teeth and help to recreate your lost smile. They are customized according to your needs and requirements and precisely fit onto the gums without snapping. They enable you to consume the food of your choice without creating any sort of hindrance. Besides rendering excellent aesthetics, these dentures also restore the function of the natural teeth.
Ultimate Fit Dentures
The Ultimate Fit Denture is our most innovative denture made with patented high-pressure injection technology. This unique process creates dentures that fit every contour of your mouth and oral topography and are second-to-none. The dentures are also remarkably strong, lightweight, as well as odor and stain resistant. For patients that have worn traditional dentures, a new experience awaits.
Premium Dentures (Lucitone Dentures)
These dentures are made with lucitone denture base resins which is high impact denture base resin which resists any sort of breakage. It is highly aesthetic with balanced translucency and excellent vein simulation. Denture is made with more expensive teeth for a more natural-looking denture. The Premium Denture is very high in natural appearance. It features enhanced natural appeal, wear and stain resistance, with detailed customization.
Economy Dentures (Regular Acrylic Dentures)
The Economy Denture is the most affordable denture and is selected by many patients. It is processed by our on-site lab and individually fit for you. The dentist and lab technician will determine the size, shape and look of the teeth, based on your needs. The Economy Denture is available in a weeks’ time.
Following is a guide to what you should expect and what care or precautions you should take after you have been delivered a denture:
What You Should Expect
- As a first time denture wearer, you may feel that the denture is loose until you get used to it and you have learnt to keep them in place with the help of muscles of cheek and tongue.
- No matter how thin the dentures are made, they may still feel bulky.
- They may tip if you chew from one side, allowing food particles and liquid to pass under it.
- Dentures may make your tongue feel crowded or may cause slight gaging sensation.
- Your mouth may feel sore or irritated until your ridges are used to supporting denture.
- After a few weeks, as you become used to wearing dentures, these problems should decrease. If you continue to experience excessive soreness or irritation in any area of your mouth, please contact us.
- Your saliva flow may increase temporarily.
- Insertion and removal of denture may be difficult for first few days, you will have to train yourself by looking in the mirror while inserting and removing denture from your mouth. This may take a few days to learn the process.
- First recall is usually scheduled within 48 hours of denture delivery to correct any occlusal disharmony and check for the immediate tissue soreness.
- Next recall is usually scheduled after a week to check for tissue reaction and do any minor adjustments that your denture may require.
- During recall after a week, if you are comfortable with wearing denture and everything is fine then the next routine recall is scheduled after a month and then every 6 months to determine any tissue reaction and amount of ridge resorption.
- Dentures help stabilize the Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) by restoring vertical dimensions of your mouth or Jaw and so you may start feeling relief from any pain you may have in Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ).
Appearance Of Face And Teeth (Denture)
- Dentures may improve appearance of your face by providing support to your lips and checks.
- When you first get dentures, your facial expressions may seem different but more natural expressions will return once you start getting used to with wearing dentures.
Speaking / Speech
- Sometimes wearing a denture can make a difference in the way you pronounce certain words. To help overcome any speech difficulties, we advise you to practice reading books and newspaper loudly.
- Initially you may find your denture loose while you laugh, cough or even smile. To reposition the dentures, close your teeth together gently & swallow.
Mastication Or Eating With Dentures
- Initially you may find it difficult to chew with your new dentures.
- Once you are used to speak properly when your dentures are on and wear it for the whole day without any discomfort then after a few days you can try eating with your dentures. It is best to start with soft food that does not require too much chewing.
- You will have to learn to chew from both the sides simultaneously. If you chew from one side the denture may tip on one side, allowing food particles and liquid to pass under it. This is known as see-saw effect.
- Once you are comfortable with chewing soft food without any soreness then you can gradually start chewing regular food. You can start with cutting your food into small pieces and chew slowly from back teeth.
- Avoid eating sticky or very hard food until you have more experience with wearing dentures.
What Care Or Precautions You Should Take
- Don’t put your dentures in hot water, as they may warp.
- Don’t put dentures out of container, if they become dry, they may change shape or color.
- Do not start chewing with your dentures for at least three weeks. First three weeks are for practicing to keep denture in mouth and getting used to with it. During these first three weeks you will have to remove your dentures while eating anything.
- Once you start chewing with dentures after two weeks, you will have to learn to chew from both sides simultaneously.
- Rinse your mouth thoroughly with water after every meal.
- Don’t try to adjust or reline denture yourself. You may cause irreversible damage to it.
- If your denture breaks, cracks or chip, or if a denture tooth become loose, please contact us and we will determine whether your denture can be repaired.
- Bring any problem to our attention at your follow up visit.
Care For Denture
- Clean plaque & food deposits from your dentures daily. This will help keep the dentures from becoming permanently stained.
- Before brushing your dentures, rinse them well to remove any loose food particles.
- Next apply denture cleaner & clean all surfaces of dentures & brush thoroughly but care should be taken to not to scrub hard to avoid scratching the surface of dentures.
- Dentures should be handled carefully. Dropping them even few inches into the sink can break denture base or teeth.
- While cleaning, hold them over a towel or a sink half-filled with water.
- Always keep your dentures out of reach of children.
- Use regular soft bristled tooth brush, especially designed for cleaning dentures and do not use stiff or hard bristle brush as it may damage the plastic denture material.
- When you take out your dentures from mouth at night, place them in a bowl containing denture cleaning solution or water.
When to wear your dentures?
- Your dentures should be worn daily during waking hours.
- Take your dentures out before going to bed at night and put them in mouth again in the morning when you wake up. This gives your oral tissue a chance to rest and helps maintain oral health.
- Dentures must be worn daily. If the dentures are not worn for a few days then there may be a change in retention of your dentures and may not fit well.
Maintenance Of Oral Hygiene For Denture Wearer
- Every time before inserting your dentures in mouth, brush your gums, tongue and palate with a soft bristle brush to remove plaque and stimulate blood circulation.
- Visit our dental center every 6 months for a complete oral examination. Besides checking your dentures, we will check the health of your gums, bone, tongue, cheeks, jaw joints and any signs of cancer as well.
Frequently Asked Questions About Denture And Their Answers
Can dentures boost your confidence?
Losing many teeth can cause the facial muscles to sink or sag, which will make you look older. Thankfully, dentures help facial muscles stay in place and will make your face look just as it did before tooth loss.
How long do dentures last?
Dentures that are not permanent will not last forever. However, with proper care of your dentures, they can last you for a long time. At Perfect Dental ® our best dentists in Jamnagar recommend that a denture should be replaced every 4 years to limit the ridge resorption and maintain a good base for denture to sit on.
Can you eat everything with dentures?
As for what you can eat and drink, there are no real limitations to what you can consume with dentures. There is an adjustment period to get used to wearing and using them but most people adjust in a short period of time and are able to eat just as they used to before getting dentures. To start out, we recommend eating foods that are easier to chew as you get used to your dentures. With time, you can learn to chew harder, more difficult foods.
What are the benefits of dentures?
An alternative to missing teeth, dentures provide several benefits to patients with missing teeth.
– Dentures can increase your self-esteem.
– Improved your appearance and smile.
– Dentures support your facial muscles.
– Support from dentures can improve your speech.
– Dentures allow patients to eat food they wouldn’t otherwise be able to eat without teeth.
– Today’s dentures are designed to be functional and comfortable.
– Dentures are easily removed, which allows you to quickly and thoroughly clean them.
Success in wearing dentures depends on your positive attitude, persistence and regular professional care.
Perfect Dental® is the best dental clinic in Jamnagar and our team of specialist doctors is highly skilled and experienced best dentists in Jamnagar. We have a highest success rate of 97%.