Gummy Smile Treatment At Perfect Dental® in Jamnagar
Treatment for gummy smile is called crown lengthening procedure, which involves exposing more natural tooth to improve the smile of a patient.
Who needs crown lengthening procedure?
Anyone whose teeth appears very small in height and needs improvement in aesthetics when they smile. Crown lengthening is done as a part of smile design to improve the appearance of teeth.
Our Periodontologist at Perfect Dental® in Jamnagar performs a dental crown lengthening procedure. During the dental crown lengthening procedure, excess gum and bone tissue is reshaped to expose more of the natural tooth. This can be done to one tooth, to even your gum line or to several teeth to expose a natural broad smile.
What You Should Expect After Crown Lengthening Procedure
- It is common to experience mild pain for approximately 3 days. If pain persist for more than 3 days, please contact us.
- If you experience severe pain and/or swelling, contact us immediately.
- Small blood spots while spitting or minor bleeding for a day or two is common after crown lengthening procedure. If there is a profuse (excessive) bleeding, please contact us immediately.
- If the procedure was done under local anesthesia, you may feel numbness for 3-4 hours in certain parts of your mouth and face. If numbness persists for more than 12 hours, please contact us.
- You may experience facial muscle soreness due to excessive opening of mouth. Contact us and we will determine if you need any medication for the same. Use warm towel pack or hot water bag to apply on area of muscle soreness only after 72 hours.
- Practice opening and closing of mouth after 24 hours. It is essential to keep your facial muscle moving.
- If you have been given sutures (stitches) you will have to come to our dental center after 7 days for its removal, unless advised otherwise.
What Care Or Precautions You Should Take After Crown Lengthening Procedure
- If the bleeding has stopped after 1 hour of procedure, you can take 1 cup of ice cream (plain vanilla is preferable), juice or milkshake and take medication as directed to avoid pain after the anesthesia wears off.
- Avoid hot food and drinks like very hot tea or coffee for first 24 hours and preferably 48 hours.
- Eat soft and cold diet that does not require too much chewing.
- Avoid crunchy foods like chips for 1 week.
- Do not use straw for drinking any liquids for 48 hours.
- Do not drink carbonated drinks for 1 week.
- Use opposite side of your mouth for chewing and not the side from where procedure was done at least for 24 hours.
- Avoid smoking and tobacco chewing strictly for first 48 hours.
- Do not spit, rinse or gargle for first 24 hours.
- If anesthesia was given in lower jaw then please avoid eating anything until the anesthesia wears off and the numbness is gone.
- Do not brush or floss for the first 24 hours.
- Continue gentle brushing and flossing twice daily only after 24 hours of procedure. Care should be taken to avoid rinsing forcefully after brushing. Good oral hygiene is a key to success of treatment.
- Gently Rinse your mouth with water after every meal after 48 hours of crown lengthening procedure.
- If you have been prescribed any medication, take it regularly according to prescription and do not alter the schedule or duration of medication without consulting your dentist.
- If you have been given sutures (stitches) care should be taken to not to pull them out while chewing and brushing.
Frequently Asked Questions About Gummy Smile and Their Answers
How painful is a crown lengthening procedure?
If you require a crown lengthening procedure, you will be put under local anesthesia so that you will not feel any pain during the procedure. Your Periodontologist will then cut into the gum and expose your tooth root and surrounding bone. It is a minor dental surgical procedure and typically, there is no pain associated with their removal.
Do gums grow back after crown lengthening?
When crown lengthening procedure is performed typically, small amounts of bone tissue must also be removed to ensure the extra gum tissue does not grow back after surgery.
Who is the best dentist for gummy smile in Jamnagar?
Perfect Dental is a Hi-Tech dental center in Jamnagar. We have a Periodontologist who is a specialist in gum treatment and can provide you a better smile with a treatment of gummy smile in Jamnagar.
Is Crown Lengthening dangerous?
There is some risk of infection with crown lengthening but no more than with other surgical procedures. You should follow all postoperative care instructions to help prevent infection. Contact our dental center with any questions during your recovery.
Why is Crown lengthening necessary?
A crown lengthening can reduce the bone level and gum tissue in order to gain better access to your tooth. When a tooth breaks, or if there is severe decay, the remaining healthy tooth area is reduced and this can affect the potential for a successful tooth restoration. In some cases crown lengthening procedure may also be performed to improve aesthetics of the patient.
How long after crown lengthening can I get a crown?
After crown lengthening surgery, you’ll generally need to wait 4 to 6 weeks for your gums to settle into their new position before getting your final crown. If it’s in an aesthetic area, you may wait even longer because the gums may continue to shrink slightly for up to 12 weeks.
How expensive is crown lengthening?
Whether it’s done for cosmetic or medical reasons, crown lengthening is generally an inexpensive procedure. If you have multiple teeth done at the same time, the cost per tooth may even be lower. Costs also vary based on how much work needs to be done and whether you need sedation for the procedure.
Perfect Dental® is the best dental clinic in Jamnagar and our team of specialist doctors is highly skilled and experienced best dentists in Jamnagar. We have a highest success rate of 97%.