Life Like Natural Looking Tooth Fillings With Superior Aesthetics At Perfect Dental® In Jamnagar
We use some of the World’s Best Materials and advanced techniques for tooth fillings to give our patients aesthetically beautiful tooth fillings that last long.
A filling is a way to restore a tooth damaged by decay back to its normal function and shape. When a dentist gives you a filling, he or she first removes the decayed tooth material, cleans the affected area and then fills the cleaned cavity with a filling material.
Filling helps prevent further decay by closing off spaces where bacteria can enter. There are a number of options available to restore the teeth include Silver Amalgam, Composite Resin (tooth-colored fillings) and Glass Ionomer.
Which Type Of Filling Is Best?
No one type of filling is best for everyone. What’s right for you will be determined by the extent of the repair, whether you have allergies to certain materials, where in your mouth the filling is needed and the affordability of the patient.
Considerations For Different Materials Include:
Silver Amalgam fillings are resistant to wear and relatively inexpensive. However, due to their dark color, they are more noticeable than composite restorations and are not usually used in very visible areas, such as front teeth. Silver Amalgam is a time tested filling material.
Composite (plastic) resins are matched to be the same color as your teeth and therefore used where a natural appearance is desired. The ingredients are mixed and placed directly into the cavity, where they harden. Composites may not be the ideal material for large fillings as they may chip or wear over time. They can also become stained from coffee, tea or tobacco and do not last as long as other types of fillings generally from three to 10 years. Composite Resin restorations are the first choice of restorative material in aesthetic zone of your mouth.
Glass Ionomer filling are tooth colored filling material with a limited choice of shade matching with tooth. They are semi aesthetic fillings. Glass Ionomer fillings are the first choice of filling material when a tooth with cavity is later going to receive a crown on it after filling. Glass Ionomer fillings are also first choice in deciduous or milk teeth, in pediatric patients.
If decay or a fracture has damaged a large portion of the tooth, a crown or cap may be recommended.
Frequently Asked Questions About Tooth Filling And Their Answers
Following is a guide to what you should expect and what care or precautions you should take after tooth filling or restoration is done on you:
What You Should Expect
- It is common to feel mild sensitivity to hot and cold for a few days. If sensitivity to hot and cold persists for more than 3 days, please contact us.
- You may feel that your bite is uneven and there is something on biting surface of your teeth while chewing. If this feeling does not go away within 1 day please contact us immediately as you might have high points which may require little adjustment to give you maximum comfort while chewing.
- Fillings do not last forever. Regular dental checkups are essential to determine the integrity of filled or restored tooth and also for maintenance of general oral health.
- In some cases where you have received a very deep filling, you might feel mild pain, especially while chewing. The pain should go away in 1-3 days. If pain persists for more than 3 days, please contact us to determine cause of pain.
- If you have severe pain after receiving feeling, please contact us immediately.
- If the procedure was done under local anesthesia, you may feel numbness for 3-4 hours in certain parts of your mouth and face. If numbness persists for more than 12 hours, please contact us.
What Care Or Precautions You Should Take
- Do not eat or drink anything for 1 hour.
- Do not rinse you mouth with water, mouthwash or any other liquid for 1 hour.
- If you have received a Glass Ionomer Cement or Silver Amalgam filling, avoid chewing from that side for 24 hours.
- Do not chew Pan or Gutkha with your restored tooth.
- If you have received filling in your front tooth, avoid biting with front tooth. Example: Avoid taking bite from apple with you front tooth. Apple should be cut into pieces and eaten with back teeth.
- If anesthesia was given in lower jaw than please avoid eating anything until the anesthesia wears off and the numbness is gone.
- If you have been prescribed any medication, take it regularly according to prescription and do not alter the schedule or duration of medication without consulting your dentist.
Perfect Dental® is the best dental clinic in Jamnagar and our team of specialist doctors is highly skilled and experienced best dentists in Jamnagar. We have a highest success rate of 97%.