Tooth Fillings For Kids Using Advance Techniques And Technology
We use advanced dental procedures and Hi-tech equipment in our pediatric patients for maximum comfort
Majority of parents fail to prioritize the need for dental care for their baby’s teeth until it becomes a concern and causes pain and discomfort. This is because of the false perception about milk teeth not being important, as they exfoliate eventually. However, this is not the case. Milk teeth are as important as the permanent teeth. Therefore, it is imperative to take good care of your child’s milk teeth as they may affect the development of permanent teeth.
Baby teeth function just like the permanent teeth and help to grind and chew food. They guide the permanent teeth into their spatial positions, thus reducing the chances of developing a malocclusion. Moreover, they add an attractive appearance to your child’s face by aiding normal development of the jaw bones and muscles. Primary teeth play a crucial role in the development of speech and enable your child to speak and pronounce words properly.
Avoiding regular dental check-ups and negligence for the health of milk teeth can adversely affect the overall dental health of your child. Neglecting dental caries in milk teeth may cause damage in the hidden permanent teeth that are forming inside the gums. Also it will cause the permanent teeth to erupt incorrectly and misaligned. Therefore it is extremely important to treat the dental problem at the right time before it aggravates.
At Perfect Dental®, we have pediatric dentist who is specially trained to deal with the behavioral patterns of children and teenagers. The pediatric dentist is qualified to tackle children and meet their needs by adopting child friendly treatments. Our pediatric dentist spends lot of time to make child comfortable for dental treatment before it starts. Our operatories are noise free, anxiety free and with calm environment. We provide the facility of conscious sedation also which helps in eliminating dental fear and anxiety associated with dental procedures in children. We have the World’s No.1 Matrx Nitrous oxide sedation unit which ensures safe dose delivery without causing any discomfort. We restore decayed ,fractured or chipped teeth with tooth colored material which camouflages perfectly to the natural color of teeth.
Following is a guide to what you should expect and what care or precautions you should take after tooth filling or restoration is done in your child’s teeth:
What You Should Expect
- It is common to feel mild sensitivity to hot and cold for a few days. If sensitivity to hot and cold persists for more than 3 days, please contact us.
- You may feel that your bite is uneven and there is something on biting surface of your teeth while chewing. If this feeling does not go away within 1 day please contact us immediately as you might have high points which may require little adjustment to give you maximum comfort while chewing.
- Fillings do not last forever. Regular dental checkups are essential to determine the integrity of filled or restored tooth and also for maintenance of general oral health.
- In some cases where you have received a very deep filling, you might feel mild pain, especially while chewing. The pain should go away in 1-3 days. If pain persists for more than 3 days, please contact us to determine cause of pain.
- If you have severe pain after receiving filling, please contact us immediately.
- If the procedure was done under local anesthesia, you may feel numbness for 3-4 hours in certain parts of your mouth and face. If numbness persists for more than 12 hours, please contact us.
What Care Or Precautions You Should Take
- Do not eat or drink anything for 1 hour.
- Do not rinse you mouth with water, mouthwash or any other liquid for 1 hour.
- If you have received a Glass Ionomer Cement or Silver Amalgam filling, avoid chewing from that side for 24 hours.
- If you have received filling in your front tooth, avoid biting with front tooth. Example: Avoid taking bite from apple with you front tooth. Apple should be cut into pieces and eaten with back teeth.
- If anesthesia was given in lower jaw than please avoid eating anything until the anesthesia wears off and the numbness is gone.
- If you have been prescribed any medication, take it regularly according to prescription and do not alter the schedule or duration of medication without consulting your dentist.
We strive to increase the overall dental experience for your child by adopting anxiety free child friendly approaches and procedures and make your dental visit a pleasant one.
Frequently Asked Questions About Tooth Fillings In Kids And Their Answers
Do you need to fill cavities in baby teeth?
Cavities in baby teeth can be repaired with fillings, which prevent an infection from causing pain, spreading, and requiring the removal of the tooth. Our best specialist dentists in Jamnagar, says that removing baby teeth prematurely can interfere with a child’s speaking and eating.
Do toddlers get cavities filled?
Tooth decay is just one reason kids need fillings. If trauma has happened to the tooth to cause a crack, a filling is necessary as well. Other issues include incorrectly shaped teeth, underdeveloped teeth, and teeth which have chipped.
Who is the best dentist for tooth filling for kids in Jamnagar?
Perfect Dental® has specialist pediatric dentists for kids in Jamnagar. Our specialist dentists utilize advance techniques for painless comfortable treatment for our little patients and help them get a disease free mouth.
Do 5 year old need cavities filled?
If you wait until your child is older, decay can be well underway: About 28 percent of 2-to 5-year-old have cavities in primary teeth, according to The National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research. However, most parents don’t know they should make an appointment for their baby.
What happens if you don t fill a cavity in a baby tooth?
If you don’t address a cavity when your child is young because you assume that they are going to lose the tooth anyway, it might cause damage to the permanent teeth around it. Other consequences that can come from not addressing baby tooth decay are that the tooth can become sensitive and cause pain when chewing.
Are fillings safe for kids?
BPA-free composite fillings are not only safe for children, but they are also natural-looking so you can’t even tell they are there. We place fillings if your child has decay, a cracked tooth or a worn or broken tooth. Often, a filling is the best option to restore a tooth that has decay.
Are silver fillings safe for kids?
After reviewing this evidence in 2009, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) have deemed amalgam fillings safe for adults and children over the age of 6. Studies have shown that the amount of mercury released into your body through amalgam is no more than that which enters your body through the environment.
Perfect Dental® is the best dental clinic in Jamnagar and our team of specialist doctors is highly skilled and experienced best dentists in Jamnagar. We have a highest success rate of 97%.