What Care I Should Take After A Tooth Filling Procedure
Please follow below guidelines for the best outcome after a tooth filling treatment
A guide to what you should expect and what care or precautions you should take after tooth filling or restoration is done for you:
What You Should Expect
- It is common to feel mild sensitivity to hot and cold for a few days. If sensitivity to hot and cold persists for more than 3 days, please contact us.
- You may feel that your bite is uneven and there is something on biting surface of your teeth while chewing. If this feeling does not go away within 1 day please contact us immediately as you might have high points which may require little adjustment to give you maximum comfort while chewing.
- Fillings do not last forever. Regular dental checkups are essential to determine the integrity of filled or restored tooth and also for maintenance of general oral health.
- In some cases where you have received a very deep filling, you might feel mild pain, especially while chewing. The pain should go away in 1-3 days. If pain persists for more than 3 days, please contact us to determine cause of pain.
- If you have severe pain after receiving filling, please contact us immediately.
- If the procedure was done under local anesthesia, you may feel numbness for 3-4 hours in certain parts of your mouth and face. If numbness persists for more than 12 hours, please contact us.
What Care Or Precautions You Should Take
- Do not eat or drink anything for 1 hour.
- Do not rinse you mouth with water, mouthwash or any other liquid for 1 hour.
- If you have received a Glass Ionomer Cement or Silver Amalgam filling, avoid chewing from that side for 24 hours.
- Do not chew Pan or Gutkha with your restored tooth.
- If you have received filling in your front tooth, avoid biting with front tooth. Example: Avoid taking bite from apple with you front tooth. Apple should be cut into pieces and eaten with back teeth.
- If anesthesia was given in lower jaw than please avoid eating anything until the anesthesia wears off and the numbness is gone.
- If you have been prescribed any medication, take it regularly according to prescription and do not alter the schedule or duration of medication without consulting your dentist.
Perfect Dental® is the best dental clinic in Jamnagar and our team of specialist doctors is highly skilled and experienced best dentists in Jamnagar. We have a highest success rate of 97%.