How To Take Prescribed Dental Medication Correctly
Please follow below guidelines for best outcome with optimum efficacy and minimal side effects of medication
A Guide To How You Can Take Prescribed Medication Correctly For Optimum Efficacy And Minimal Side Effects:
– If you are allergic to any medicine or have had an unusual reaction to any medicine, food or substance.
– If you are currently on any medicine, including medication for cough, cold or even any eye drops or skin lotion etc.
– If you are pregnant
– If you are breast feeding
– If you have history of any medical condition or disease.– If you have any other problem taking medicine, or anything you feel the doctor should know before prescribing medication.
How To Take Medication Properly And What Precaution You Should Exercise
- If you have been prescribed any medication, take it regularly according to prescription and do not alter the schedule or duration of medication without consulting your dentist.
- Follow the instruction carefully as per your prescription. Some medication needs to be taken with food and others on an empty stomach.
- When it mentions to take medication before meal, take 30 minutes before meal.
- When it mentions to take medication after meal, take right after meal within 5 minutes.
- Take medication with plenty of water and preferably full glass of water. There is a myth that it is better to take medication with milk. The fact is some medicine react with calcium in milk and form calcium chelates making the medicine less effective.
- Do not go to sleep or lie down right after taking medicine.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol, check with your doctor for any specific drug interaction with alcohol.
- Talk to your doctor first before starting any new medicine prescription or over the counter medicines.
- Follow the guideline given by your doctor on any food restrictions.
- Do not break, crush or chew medicine before swallowing them unless you have been instructed to do so.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine. More is NOT better.
- If you missed a dose, just follow the next scheduled dose and do not take missed dose along with the next dose (avoid over dose).
- If you have any question regarding taking medication, contact us.
- Once you complete the prescribed medication as per the schedule, DO NOT use the same prescription without consulting your doctor even if you have same symptoms again. Self-medication may be harmful.
- If you have been prescribed a desensitizing agent than the correct way of using it is – Apply the desensitizing agent on your teeth with the help of a finger in such a way that it covers the entire surface of all teeth and leave it like that for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes rinse you mouth with water thoroughly and do not eat anything for 30 minutes.
- If you have been prescribed desensitizing toothpaste than the correct way of using it is – Apply the desensitizing toothpaste on your teeth with the help of a finger in such a way that it covers the entire surface of all teeth and leave it like that for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes brush your teeth with the same toothpaste and rinse you mouth with water thoroughly and do not eat anything for 30 minutes.
- If you have been prescribed a gum paint or gel, massage it on your gums with light pressure for 2-3 minutes, three times a day or more as prescribed.
– Skin rash or dermatitis
– Internal bleeding– Nausea
Perfect Dental® is the best dental clinic in Jamnagar and our team of specialist doctors is highly skilled and experienced best dentists in Jamnagar. We have a highest success rate of 97%.